Vergisson

Vergisson

Friday, April 4, 2014

Resource Renaissance, what a world?

What a crazy world we live in?  I really wish these resources had been around when I was starting out in music.  How is Shawn Colvin making that chord?  What is the tuning?  Using a Capo?  I used to make my poor guitar teacher spend half hour after half hour trying to figure out Jonatha Brooke tunings (after I had failed miserably to figure them out on my own.)   And through the magic of youtube I can now sit at my computer and watch them play, or tune or talk about tunings and writing the music.   She's dropping the D-Capo on the fourth fret.   Wow, that was...easy.  Tie a tie, braid a challah, you can do it-and fast!  I enjoy having the tools now-but what heights will these kids reach with it all at their fingertips? 

And the same is true for wine.  Not only are there a million bodies to teach and certify the trade(yes 1 million) there are exponentially more resources available every second it seems.  From winery websites to appellation and trade sites to the ever increasingly informed and creative bloggers-the world of wine is being catalogued, experienced, explained, photographed, videoed and more,  from struggling vine to struggling vine.

Here is the great Post that got me thinking about all of this, giving you a short list of fantastic Italian Wine resources from Alfonso Cerola on his On the Wine Trail in Italy blog, a great resource in and of itself.

http://acevola.blogspot.com/2014/03/great-fast-track-resources-to-learn.html




No comments:

Post a Comment